Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday This and That

This is great news….blood work indicates things are looking stable for our little one. Baby is still growing and seems to be developing okay. We will have a repeat sonogram later this month and will hopefully again get more good news. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes; I will keep you posted.

I got a two hour nap today and that was awesome! I have been exhausted lately and a nap was just what I needed. In case you doubt how badly I needed the nap when I woke up at two o’clock this is what was going on in our home:
-Rock Star was still in his PJ’s
-Breakfast was still on the counter
-The 5 loads of laundry I have to get done were still sitting untouched
-Two of the three bathrooms in the house were out of toilet paper and both had pee on the seat and floor (I don’t know and don’t want to)
-Lunch had still not been served
-None of the days to-do’s had been touched (there were 9 of them)
Despite all of this I feel fantastic. I swear a good nap is like a drug. I now just get to figure out how to get the entire day crammed into the next 3 hours.

And one final, random thought. Well, question really. As summer time is upon us the kids love to eat outside (breakfast, lunch and snacks) often with neighborhood friends. As I am trying to eliminate as much plastic in our house as possible I am finding myself stumped with how to feed the kids. I prefer not to give them plastic plates, anything disposable is not an option and glass certainly is not an option. I am thinking wood may be my only choice, which is okay but pricy. I guess I have to look at it as an investment.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas?

2 comments:

Angie said...

Not too many options regarding what to serve food on without glass or plastic but you could try to come up with food ideas that would not necessarily require a plate....When my kids want to eat outside or "on the go" (because they are so busy enjoying the outdoors) I will try to serve something that they can eat while running around. Like a chicken wrap or PBJ, where all the ingredients are contained. This may be difficult to do ALL the time, but it's fun sometimes. :)

Jenn said...

I'm not as green as you, or as educated about the issues. Please take that into consideration when you read my suggestion. What about tin pie plates?

hit counter
Get a hit counter here.