- Returned a skirt bought at the beginning of summer without a receipt and got $4.62 for it. Of course I paid $19.99 for it.
- Headed to the baby department to look for a baby gate. Of course they do not have the one I want.
- Rock Star begins pee-pee dance and starts looking for a place to wing it out. I scream, “Do not pull your penis out! Hurry Run!” and of to the bathroom we go.
- Force the semi truck kid cart into the bathroom, even though it really does not fit.
- Ask the Rock Star if he has to poop. THREE times. Answer is of course no, but I know there is a turd looming.
- Attempt to back out of the bathroom with the kid cart gracefully. As if.
- Realize I need more caffeine.
- Take my lousy four bucks and go buy a big coffee at the in-store Starbucks.
- Head to the Health and Beauty department to buy tampons for the period I feel about ready to take over.
- Find a mismark on Enfamil Lipil formula (reg $24.99) for $11.59 each. SCORE. I bought every can they had.
- Notice Rock Star doing poop dance. Have a polite conversation with the Rock Start about going poop when I ask him to as we are making another run for the front of the store. Of course he informs he couldn’t because the poop wasn’t at the hole when I ask him to go.
- Hike to the very back of the store to look at toys, I am feeling happy about the formula steal and the coffee is kicking in.
- Say “No” 167 times.
- Itty Bitty wants to be held; now I get to the push the freaking semi truck cart with one arm and 4-year old speed. I think there may be a little old lady wearing a red shirt left as road kill in the Lego isle.
- Bribe Rock Star out of the toy isle with a clearance “Speed Racer” hand-held game, which was clearly returned after being given as a gift because there were batteries scotch taped to the back. Another score.
- Head to the check out, where we have a hoo-ha over the formula. I win.
- Get home; change into sweats and wonder if because it is Friday if it is okay to start drinking at 1:30.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Happily headed for Target this morning…
And then I got there:
Labels: Wanna Laugh?
I am a free spirit, growing in my creative desires. I write, read, sew, knit, craft and garden. I am striving to live a more natural life everyday for Mother Earth but mostly for the health and well being of my children. I am above all committed to my family, my hilarious husband and life partner of 15 years makes sure I laugh every day. We cloth diaper, babywear, share sleep, and generally live a child led existence. I am strongly against the idea that children must be socialized but believe vehemently in the idea that children need their parents close and always - until. Until they are ready to leave and explore. Lest you think my life is too tranquil and nothing but sitting and reading books while children play with handmade toys; I spend the better part of my days wiping noses and butts, cooking, cleaning, cooking and cleaning some more, figuring out where that (insert any bizarre item you can think of here) came from, and explaining why Mama needs a TO and nap. Above all, I am human. I fail myself and family everyday and every day I am committed to give tomorrow another shot. Because after all, tomorrow will provide another opportunity to smile and laugh!
|Get a hit counter here.|