Monday, July 19, 2010

Space Please

I am Mama to Rock Star and Itty Bitty aka Woman Without Privacy. My kids live within 3 feet of me at all times. It does not matter what I am doing, where in the house I am – they are a there. The Omni-present space suckers. Okay, I joke but for the most part I love having my kids near me. Hanging on my leg while I cook, curled next to me while I read or write. Watching them tail me with coloring books and crayons from room to room repositioning on each floor without so much as a second thought. I am learning to love it.

Buuuut (yeah – you knew it was coming) I have had the same dream four nights in a row now. I am dreaming that I am trying to use the bathroom and the only toilets available to me are like in living-rooms or front yards filled with people just hanging out. No one seems to find it weird I am in the middle of the their gathering pooping. Hmmmm….

Now, I have been severely constipated (thanks to all the iron I am sucking down) and so I attributed the dreams to my clogged pipes. But this morning I decided to do a little research about the dream and see what I could find.

Here it is:
“To dream that you are in a public restroom with no stalls or that there are a lot of people around while you are trying to do your business, signifies your frustrations about getting enough privacy. You are always putting others ahead of your own needs. As a result, you are lacking a sense of personal space. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are having difficulties letting go of old emotions. You are afraid that if you reveal these feelings, then others around you will judge and criticize you.”

I was recently going to the bathroom with not just my fat prego belly in my lap but my 20 month old as well.
I guess this means I need a bit more privacy? Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh so true!!

hit counter
Get a hit counter here.