Monday, June 21, 2010

Misery Wants Company

I have this friend who is one of those spectacular home makers that always leaves me feeling like a schmuck. I can drop in on her ANYTIME and always find her home in perfect order. ALWAYS. I don’t get it. Last Thanksgiving while hosting the hubs family, my oven went out mid-dinner making. I called my friend (who is also my neighbor) knowing they were not home to let her know I needed to bum her kitchen. Now when I leave the house, especially after last minute making-a-dish-to-go preparations my kitchen will look like a before shot in a Mr. Clean commercial. Yes I leave it that way, FlyLady can suck it. Anyway, her kitchen was of course immaculate.
So this friend of mine recently had her second child and all I can do is hope that I soon catch her house a mess. How horrible am I? I am the worst friend ever. But it’s true, just once I want to see dishes on the counter, laundry piled in the living room and toys scattered throughout every room of the house. Oh, and yes and I would KILL to see her bed unmade just once. The only time I ever see anything out of order is when I am leaving after a visit with my messy kids. Ugh.

Please tell me I am not alone and that I am not unique because I am sitting here looking at a coffee table peppered with smashed up Goldfish crackers, colored pencils, a baby stroller on its side and a floor littered with toys and socks.

I would pick it all up but I have learned it is effort made in vain. I just wait until my little monsters are in bed. Sometimes I hope for a mid-night break in just so the police statement can show that my house was clean (yes, I would DEMAND they write that in). Otherwise I am not sure there will ever be any proof.

1 comment:

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

You are not alone. :)

We were just up at my mom's house looking at old photos. There was one from almost seven years ago, when my first-born was itty-bitty. All I could say was, "Oh my god, look, honey, at how clean our house was!" He nodded sadly.

:)

hit counter
Get a hit counter here.